Snort mailing list archives

Re: Where to send logs

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 11:17:51 -0800 (PST)

Unfortunately we use a central syslog server right now.  I say unfortunately because it sucks
looking at hundreds of lines of syslog for snort, then hundreds of lines for Cisco logs, then the
Sun logs, then the ....  It is easy to grep though.

If you're interested in using a central database then I happen to know of a setup guide that
explains how to use stunnel to encrypt snort traffic to the mysql server, all running on freebsd.
This guide is here: http://members.cox.net/tokashsecurity/

I hear that the author is quite debonair as well :)

--- spyguy <spyguy703 () earthlink net> wrote:
Hello.

I am building more Snort IDS's to cover our network.

However, logging in to each one and checking the alerts is very tedious.

What are some of you doing to centrally view all of your alerts?

Thanks in advance.

=====