Snort mailing list archives

Delete Alerts on Acid

From: "Pedro Tedeschi" <pedro.tedeschi () varig com>
Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 17:03:27 -0300

Hi,

I´m having some troubles when I need to delete more than 200.000 alert from my database using Acid.
It seens that is a time out problem, but Im not absolutely sure about that.

For now, I cant tune my snort to get less alerts than this... that´s about the virus.rules Im using and I have to keep
using that for the moment.

So, when I try to clean those alerts using Acid, I can clean about 20.000 alerts, then it times out and I have to start
it again, and again untill I reach 200.000.

It takes a day long until the job is finished. Does someone had a similar problem ?? Any ideas what I could do ?

I was wondering if there´s any file at Acid(maybe) that I could edit to fix the timeout...

Any ideas will be aprecciate.

Thanks in advance

Cheers,

Pedro Tedeschi