Snort mailing list archives

Re: hepl !cant start snort

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Mon, 6 Jan 2003 07:45:17 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 6 Jan 2003, [ISO-8859-8] חואן wrote:

whan I try to start snort I recive the follwing errors:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd start
:no such file or directorybin/sh
:command not foundortd
:no such file or direcorytc/rc.d/init.d/function
:command not foundortd
:command not foundortd
'etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd: line 24:syntax error near unexpected token 'in
'etc/rc.d/init.d/snortd: line 24:'case "$1" in

of course the program dont start can someone help please?

Your problem is nothing to do with Snort.  It's just simply with the shell
script that starts it.

I'm going to guess and say you don't have the first line as:

        #!/bin/sh

See if that's it.

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams

   "When things get tough, the wierd get going."   H.S. Thompson