Snort mailing list archives

RE: Access denied for user: '@192.168.0.1' -SNORT-

From: "mike Hughes" <mikehughes013 () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 10 Feb 2003 18:43:59 -0800

Here is some real results: Ok im going to give you all my interface ip addys soo it might clear up what im trying to do up:

Internet IP Linux Machine
Eth0 - 142.173.77.22-

Linux Machine LAN interface
Eth1 - 192.168.0.1 -

Windows Machine on my LAN
- 192.168.0.69 -

I installed all the packages on the linux machine that i was suppose to folowing the reference but didnt do anything to MYSQL on the LINUX just installed the RPMS and didnt touch any settings on the LINUX machine only the WINDOWS machine i have set users and stuff:

Here is the output of commands from my WINDOWS mysql:
mysql> SHOW DATABASES;
+----------+
| Database |
+----------+
| mysql |
| snort |
| test |
+----------+
3 rows in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SHOW GRANTS FOR root@localhost
-> ;
| Grants for root@localhost |
| GRANT ALL PRIVILEGES ON *.* TO 'root'@'localhost' WITH GRANT OPTION |
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql> SHOW GRANTS FOR sensor1@192.168.0.1
-> ;
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------+
| Grants for sensor1@192.168.0.1

+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------+
| GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE ON `snort`.* TO 'sensor1'@'192.16
8.0.1' |
+-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------+
1 row in set (0.00 sec)

mysql>

Soo then the intructions say connct to the LINUX machine from WINDOWS machine using PUTTY and PORT 22 Soo here is what i plug into PUTTY
IP: 142.173.77.22 Port 22
login as: root
password: rootpassword

Then i run this command

snort-mysql+flexresp -v -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

I get this error:

database: mysql_error: Can't connect to MySQL server on '192.168.0.69' (110)
Fatal Error, Quitting..

Can you see whats wrong yet? with my settings? Maybe i got the ip address messed up i cant tell..any help from that?? Thanksd again for any help