Snort mailing list archives

Re: Physical configuration question

From: Bamm Visscher <bamm () satx rr com>
Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 09:56:12 -0600

I use big disks and filters for my binary logging. On most of the networks I monitor, a simple rule to filter outbound
web traffic is enough to bring the data down to more manageable levels.

snort/tcpdump not \( src net 192.168.1.0/24 and dst port 80 and "tcp[0:2] > 1024" \) and not \( src port 80 and dst net
192.168.1.0/24 and "tcp[2:2] > 1024"\)

Bammkkkk