Snort mailing list archives

Re: Port Scan traffic not showing

From: Paul Hrolenok <paul.hrolenok () verizon net>
Date: 06 Jan 2003 21:17:17 -0500

Nick

        If you are using the default setup with a MySQL db then you will need
to change the output plugin line in your snort.conf file to use the
"alert" facility rather than "log".  look for the line

output database: log, mysql, user=x password=x dbname=x host=x

and change it to read

output database: alert, mysql, user=x password=x dbname=x host=x

This is somewhere either in the list archives or the docs don't remember
where I found it. :-)