Snort mailing list archives

Re: re: [Snort-announce] Oinkmaster v0.7 released.

From: Andreas Östling <andreaso () it su se>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 10:41:05 +0100

On Friday 21 February 2003 07.23, Charles Darwin wrote:
 I suppose I can use this in Windows environ. but, I don´t know how to.
May I just rename the perl files to php and then put them in a htdocs
folder, and go there in the browser?
Would this work?

Nope.

If you want to run it under Windows, it's easiest to go with Cygwin (0.8 will
have better support for it though). I think there are a few things that needs
to be fixed before it works with ActivePerl (see Ueli Kistler's previous mail
about that).

You may be better off with some of the Windows-based programs from
http://www.snort.org/dl/contrib/

/Andreas