Snort mailing list archives

Re: Mysql Integeration

From: "Kenneth G. Arnold" <bkarnold () cbu edu>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 11:54:54 -0600

We need a lot more information than what you have posted to help you.

Are there any error messages in syslog, messages or on the screen when you start up snort? Can you login to the mysql database from the machine running snort as the user and password specified in the output database line of snort.conf and do selects of tables in the snort database? Have you given the user@hostname specified in the output database line of syslog.conf create, insert, select, delete and update grants? It would help if you would post the output database line (modifying the password of course) and explain the structure of where snort is located in relation to the mysql database.

Ken