Snort mailing list archives

ACID, MySQL, Apache, Snort - Access Error

From: Snow Jacob C KPWA <JacobSC () kpt nuwc navy mil>
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:42:37 -0800

I installed these things per the Installation instructions from Michael
Steele (very nice install guide BTW), and can view things fine using the
Apache web server and ACID, but when I try and view the unique ip addresses
I get and error saying the acid@127.0.0.1 <mailto:acid@127.0.0.1>  has
access denied for the database snort.  It is when it is calling the
acid_stat_ports.php.  Everything else seems to work fine.  I tried to go to
the snort data base and grant rights to acid@127.0.0.1
<mailto:acid@127.0.0.1>  but to no avail.  I was wondering if this is an
error that other people have experienced, and if so if there is something I
need to change or what is causing this error

Thank you,

Jacob Snow

jacobsc () kpt nuwc navy mil <mailto:jacobsc () kpt nuwc navy mil>

(360)315-3487

NAVSEA Intern