Snort mailing list archives

Re: fast logging

From: Bamm Visscher <bamm () satx rr com>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:00:15 -0600

Using snort to insert alerts into the DB is going to be slow. You want to utilize the unified output format in snort
and then use Barnyard to insert the alerts into the DB. Unfortuneately there isn't a lot of documentation for Barnyard
(yet). Try searching the mailing list archives. There are also  BY specific mailing lists too (barnyard-users,
barnyard-devel).

Bammkkkk