Snort mailing list archives

Portscan Error (SnortCenter + ACID)

From: "Read, Andrew" <andrew.read () nz teletech com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 11:02:36 +1300

Hi all,

I am running SnortCenter (0.9.6)/ACID(0.9.6b23)/MYSQL with a remote snort
sensor.

I am trying to get the portscan reporting working (I can get entries from
using alert, but want to get the file loading from acid too).

At this stage I am manually copping the portscan.log file from the sensor to
/var/log/snort/ on the Acid box.

I get the following error:

Warning: fopen("/var/log/snort/portscan.log", "r") - Permission denied in
/var/www/html/acid/acid_stat_ipaddr.php on line 50
PORTSCAN EVENT ERROR: Unable to open Portscan event file
'/var/log/snort/portscan.log'

The file will load if I move it to the /var/www/html/acid directory, and
make the corresponding changes to the acid conf file.

I am not very experienced with linux, and I'm guessing this might be pretty
straightforward for a lot of you.

Regards,

Andrew

The information contained in this email is confidential and
may be legally privileged. If the reader of this message is
not the intended recipient you are hereby notified that any
use, dissemination, distribution, or reproduction of this
message is prohibited. If you have received this message in
error please notify the sender and delete all copies of this
message including any attachments it may contain.
The email or its content does not necessarily represent the
views of the company.