Snort mailing list archives

Snort http_decode preprocessor

From: Ralph Zimmermann <ralph.zimmermann () salt-ag com>
Date: Tue, 4 Mar 2003 13:43:28 +0100

Hi,

I've just upgraded from snort version 1.8.7 (Build 128) to snort version
1.9.1 (Build 231).
When I try to restart my snort processes I get an error in
/var/log/messages and snort
is stopping. The error is:

Mar  4 09:57:05 xxxx snort: FATAL ERROR: ERROR:
/usr/local/bin/snort/s1dmz.conf(185) => Unknown argument to http_decode
preprocessor: "-unicode"

From what I saw in the 1.9.1 docs, the arguments to the http_decode
preprocessor didn't change.
Snort is configured as follows: preprocessor http_decode: 80 -unicode
-cginull
which is correct, from what I know.

Any clues ???

Many thanks for your help.