Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort tool for alert analysis

From: Dragos Ruiu <dr () kyx net>
Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 11:45:10 +0000

cerebus might help you.

http://dragos.com/cerebus

cheers,
--dr

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 11:03:38 -0800 (PST)
Clayton Mascarenhas <masclaythesnort () yahoo com> wrote:
A lot of attacks get generated in the alert file when I run Snort? It is manually very difficult to go thru each rule
to try an figure out which snort rule caused which attack and also it is very difficult to manually count the
frequency of each attack generated in the file. Is there any tool that helps me count the frequency of each attack in
an alert file(s), helps me sort the attacks in the file, helps me batch all common attacks in a file/files?? Please
could someone help me by letting me know of any window-based tool that would help me in this aspect.......a unix
based tool is ok too. Thankyou all.

--
--dr                  pgpkey: http://dragos.com/ kyxpgp
http://cansecwest.com        0 = 1 , for large values of zero and small values of one.