Snort mailing list archives

Re: Subdirectories created in /var/log/snort

From: twig les <twigles () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 18:18:48 -0800 (PST)

One per offending IP is normal.  You can manage it any way you
see fit, from turning this feature off, parsing it and emailing
yourself interesting stuff, or rm -rf * once a week in cron.
Personally I have the space to spare on my sensor (non-local
logging primarily) so I just let it build up a good archive
until I need the space, which ends up being every 5 years at the
rate I'm filling up :).

--- francisv () dagupan com wrote:
Hi,

I was just wondering why there are so many subdirectories (IP
addresses)
inside /var/log/snort. Is there a way to manage this?

---
 francis a. vidal [bitstop network services] |
http://www.bnshosting.net
 streaming media + web hosting               |
http://www.bitstop.ph
 v(02)330-2871,(02)330-2872; f(02)330-2873   |
http://www.kuro.ph

=====