Snort mailing list archives

RE: Redhat updates and patches

From: "John Cherbini" <cherbini () dakotacom net>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2003 09:59:49 -0700

Saul,

You need to make sure that /var/log/snort exists.

If it does exist, the permissions are not correct.  The directory needs
to be accessable by the user you are trying to run snort as.  Try
creating and saving a text file in the log directory as the user you are
trying to run snort as to see if you have the proper permissions.

Man chown
Man chmod

John C.