Snort mailing list archives

RE: Quick poll: favorite snort config?

From: "Petriz, Pablo" <ppetriz () siscat com ar>
Date: Fri, 10 Jan 2003 11:06:19 -0300

Simple: Snort + Snortsnarf + swatch
I'm snorting the link between my private network and an external wan network
(private too, but not mine)
It's a low traffic link so i don't need big things. The layout is something
like this:

External net ---- Firewall --------- switch ---- Internal net
                     |                  |
                     |                  |
                    hub -- (1)snort(2)--ยด

                  DMZ net

Snort box has 2 nics: (1)listening, ip-less, stealth; and (2)internal net
ip-range for monitoring.
I use swatch to alert me via e-mail and snortsnarf to watch the logs with a
browser.
I know it's not the best for all, but it's more than enough for my
environment.
And besides... ther's not a "best for all" solution, there's a best for you.
Hope that helps!!!

PABLO