Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort doesn't work after while

From: Azary Hossain <hba_id () yahoo com>
Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2003 08:08:22 -0800 (PST)

Hello again,
 My snort crashes almost times and I don't know what should I do :( .
 after crashing appears messages like these :
 ICMP Unreachable IP short header (1 bytes)
 ICMP Unreachable IP short header (1 bytes)
 ICMP Unreachable IP short header (1 bytes)
 ICMP Unreachable IP short header (2 bytes)
 ICMP Unreachable IP short header (2 bytes)
 ICMP Unreachable IP short header (2 bytes)
 ICMP Unreachable IP short header (1 bytes)
 ICMP Unreachable IP short header (2 bytes)

 I really need your help!

Thanks
HBA

--- Azary Hossain <hba_id () yahoo com> wrote:
Hi ,
I've installed Snort 1.9.0 + mysql+acid on windows 2000 platform.
Snort runs properly and logs to mysql database and I can see them
by
Acid. Everything is okey but just for a while. snort stops working
after some time and lose packets. When I press Enter, snort
continues
working by showing this mesage : "ICMP Unreachable IP short header
(1
bytes) ".
I know that this error occures in other platforms, but their system
doesn't lock.
Could anybody help me ,please?

Thanks
HBA