Snort mailing list archives

RE: I want certain IP adresses not to be logged

From: "Gonzalez, Albert" <albert.gonzalez () eds com>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 09:38:13 -0500

Let me see if I get this right, you want to *log* certain IP's and discard
others?

Well first off, if you are seeing traffic from yourself, try to correctly
address your HOME_NET
variable, and or setting those proxy scanners in ignore hosts (i do for
stephenson.freenoe.net)
and as far as to ignore certain traffic, try using this[1].

Cheers!

[1] - http://www.theadamsfamily.net/~erek/snort/ignore.txt

--
Alberto Gonzalez