Snort mailing list archives

Snort log previewing with Acid.

From: Anthony Liberty <Thony () unipro co id>
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2003 09:16:48 +0700

hi snort user,

i've trouble when previewing snort report with acid.
when the attack data is small, acid can show the alert report.
but when the attack data is quite large , acid can't show the alert report.

anybody has any idea how to tuning up this acid-mysql. i'm quessing this is
a problem of memory ,coz mysql needs large memory to query large data.
my memory is 128Mb,with 512 swap and PIII-800.

is there any script to be add to tuning up this acid report , or have u ever
try to change mysql to postgressSQL , is it more faster ?

thanks,
--thony--