Snort mailing list archives

Re: Portscans in enterprise environment

From: Erek Adams <erek () snort org>
Date: Tue, 21 Jan 2003 22:09:48 -0500 (EST)

On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Bob Dehnhardt wrote:

Okay, if I understand things properly (and there's a good chance I don't -
feel free to correct me), the portscan2 preprocessor will only log to a
file, not to a database. And ACID will only read the portscan data from one
file.

[...snip...]

Well...  It's almost right.  :)

First thing you need to understand the difference between the alert and
log facility [0].  Once you understand that, your question will fall into
place.

Secondly, take three penalty drinks [1].  :)  4+ lines in the sig, and a
'This email...' discalimer.  ;-)

Cheers!

-----
Erek Adams