Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort Win32 Process Stalling

From: Bryce Stenberg <bryce () hrnz co nz>
Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:40:38 +1300

Hi,
 I too had been running snort fine for some time. When I upgraded an NT4
server to 1.9.0-ODBC-MySQL-WIN32 (Build 209) it ran OK for a week or so then
consumed most of the CPU cycles and brought server to it's knees until snort
was stopped. Sounds similar to Steven's experience. And I don't run it as a
service, it just log to file and I only have about 5 rules looking for
specific outgoing directory names. Needless to say Snort is not used now,
but I'd be also interested in any tips to get it stable enough to run again
(but can't afford to have this server breaking).

Regards,
  Bryce Stenberg.
     Harness Racing New Zealand computer department,
     emailto:bryce () hrnz co nz