Snort mailing list archives

RE: new user

From: "Don Weber" <Don () WeberOnTheWeb com>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2003 14:43:19 -0800

Help please getting the following

C:\SNORT>snort.exe -v -i2 -c c:\snort\snort.conf -l c:\snort\logs
Initializing Output Plugins!
Running in IDS mode
Log directory = c:\snort\logs

The following are my entries in the config file

var RULE_PATH c:/snort/rules

My rules are in the above folder, I am running w2k

i'd suggest first, getting rid of that annoying background thing for any
list that you post to.

for snort, where is the actual snort.conf file, is it located under in
c:\snort, make sure it is in the location you tell it to look for it at on
the command line, and the var rule_path, i think for win32 you need the
other slash, as in c:\snort\rules

don