Snort mailing list archives

Re: OpenBSD 3.2 with multiple logging methods

From: "dreamwvr () dreamwvr com" <dreamwvr () dreamwvr com>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 13:48:15 -0700

Hi,
  Decided to try out multiple logging methods for educational purposes.
FYI Noticed that snortxml segfaults on OpenBSD 3.2 (snort-1.8.6).

(To reproduce simply uncomment the below and run snort..)
output xml: log, file=/var/log/snortxml

Normally had been really boring and used simply default logging of alerts etc
to flat files? It appears there is no problem in running multiple methods of
log correct? ie: syslog, tcpdump, [mysql,postgresql], barnyard etc.. right?
Following the mysql example I am able to authenticate which tells me that
snort is able to connect to sql databases just fine. Is there a postgresql
example anyone can point to? Would like to be able to map both for dev
purposes. That way what one tries with mysql is tested as well for postgresql.

TIA
Best Regards,
dreamwvr () dreamwvr com

--
/*  Security is a work in progress - dreamwvr                 */
#