Snort mailing list archives

RE: WARNING: Not IPv4 datagram!

From: "Petriz, Pablo" <ppetriz () siscat com ar>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 16:22:34 -0300

I'm having the same problem when upgrade to 2.0.0 (on RH7),
lots of snort_decoder alerts (inside the DMZ!!!) between a
Win2KTS, an NT4 and a Linux Caldera 7.3. What would that be????

Here are some of the alerts:

(snort_decoder) TCP packet len is smaller than 20 bytes!
(snort_decoder): Truncated Ipv4 Options
(snort_decoder): Truncated Tcp Options
(snort_decoder): Tcp Options found with bad lengths
(snort_decoder) WARNING: TCP Data Offset is less than 5!
(snort_decoder) WARNING: Not IPv4 datagram!
(snort_decoder) WARNING: hlen < IP_HEADER_LEN!
(snort_decoder): Short UDP packet, length field > payload length
(snort_decoder) WARNING: TCP Header length exceeds packet length!

Thanks!

PABLO