Snort mailing list archives

Automatic Update of the Rule-base using SnortCenter

From: Atul Shrivastava <atulsh () hclinsys com>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:23:02 +0530 (IST)

Hello All,

I am using SnortCenter as the Frontend for Managing Snort.
My question is that can i auto-update the rule-base of Snort. I mean to
say that there is three options on Updation. But auto-update selection is
not there which means that the rules are auto-updates without the
knowledge of anyone when new rules are there. Have I have to write some
script in the corn.d for updating the rules or there is some option
in some frontend to make the auto-update. Pls tell me what to do ...?
Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Atul Shrivastava