Snort mailing list archives

RE: Problem logging to postgres

From: "Hutchinson, Andrew" <Andrew.Hutchinson () Vanderbilt edu>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 2003 10:38:01 -0500

A couple add'l things to check:

1> Look at the logs that the pgsql server is generating, and see if it's throwing any messages.
2> If you're logging remotely (the db is not on the same server as the sensor) you'll need to make certain that you
have permissions to access the database from the remote machine.  Postgres permissions are kept in the pg_hba.conf
file, which will be in the root of your database cluster (usually where you have $PGDATA pointed to...).

My guess is that the machine is getting denied not because of table perms, but rather because of network access perms.

Andrew

Andrew Hutchinson - Network Security
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
(615) 936-2856