Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort 2.0 isn't alerting

From: Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt <glratt () rice edu>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:26:06 -0500 (CDT)

Upon upgrading to 2.0.0 from 1.8.6, I found that "-A fast" no longer logs
to syslog, even with a "-s" on the command line or the syslog output
plugin in the conf file.

YMMV,

        -g

On Sat, 26 Apr 2003 Lloyd_Ardoin () mazzios com wrote:

Just an FYI ....I had submitted a question a couple of days ago about
upgrading from Snort 1.9.1 to 2.0.0 and wasn't getting any alerts anymore
on a RedHat 8.0 Dell box. I have gone back to the 1.9.1 version and I am
seeing the exploit traffic again on my DMZ.

LA

                                Glenn Forbes Fleming Larratt
                                Rice University Network Management
                                glratt () rice edu