Snort mailing list archives

Re: Installing Snort2.0 w/ MySQL support

From: David Alonso De La Vega Tapage <delavegad () bancoaliado com>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 11:52:20 -0500

./configure --with-mysql=/usr

snort wrote:

Hello,
I'm trying to install snort-2.0.0 with mysql support. After installing mysql I try to install snort with mysql support but the output of configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/lib/mysql is: "checking for mysql... no". Here is my install procedure starting with mysql: mysql-3.23.56 - installs without any problems ./configure --without-server
make && make install
snort-2.0.0 ./configure --with-mysql=/usr/local/lib/mysql checking for mysql... no I believe the necessary mysql client library files have been installed to /usr/local/lib/mysql - they are: libmysqlclient.a, libmysqlclient.la, and libmysqlclient.so.10.0 . The OS is OpenBSD 3.2. Does anyone see where I'm going wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, John