Snort mailing list archives

2 instances of Snort running concurrently

From: Elvira_Byrnes () mobileinnovations com au
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 13:15:15 +1000

Hi Everybody

I have installed 3 instances of snort on 3 interfaces. I am testing at the
moment 2 of them - border (between the core router and the firewall) and the
dmz.

I am having problems to run 2 instances concurrently. I am pretty sure that
they both work if I use one at a time.

I have started 2 instances at the moment. The border one is just fine and
logs a lot of things into mysql that I can see thru acid. The dmz one stays
empty even though when I ps all processes are running.

Where might be the problem?

Thanks very much in advance.

Regards

Elvira

This message contains privileged and confidential information intended only
for the use of the addressee named above.  If you are not the intended
recipient of this message, you must not disseminate, copy or take any action
in reliance on it.  If you have received this message in error, please
delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately.  Any views
expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except where
the sender specifically states them to be the view of the company.