Snort mailing list archives

Snort setup

From: "Stigers, David" <dstigers () KACO org>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 16:19:57 -0500

I am trying to set Snort up on a Windows Network. I have installed the Snort 2.0 build 67. I've tried to set the rules
for my network, I believe there right. I've installed WinPcap and tried to see the command screen in a test under the
bin folder. The command prompt flies up and disappears. Any ideas on how to get it to stay up and allow me to test it
to see if they are working together?
David

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before
    which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish."
        -       John Quincy Adams
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
-     Benjamin Franklin
David E. Stigers
Network Administrator
Kentucky Association of Counties