Snort mailing list archives

RE: ICMP Ping NMAP troubleshooting

From: "Stephen W. Thomas" <swthomas () techsoft com>
Date: Tue, 20 May 2003 09:00:10 -0500

Yes we have a network monitor but we've already filtered pings generated from that system out. These pings are coming
from all of our W2K servers to one specific server, our DNS/Windows Terminal server.

All of these systems, includeing the snort setup are behind our firewall as well as our snort box. We decided it would
not benifit us to put snort outside our firewall. We want to montitor what's getting through on to our internal network.

Thanks,
Steve