Snort mailing list archives

RE: Installation question

From: "Francois CONTAT" <Francois.CONTAT () fr tiscali com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 11:28:11 +0200

Hello,

You should launch your snort without using the -D option (daemon). Then you'll see why your snort crashes.

It may be :
- wrong conf file
- mysql privileges not set
- your iptables blocking mysql connection
- etc...

Try to launch it with these arguments : snort -c /etc/snort/snort.conf

Hope this helps