Snort mailing list archives

Re: installation issues

From: "Roy S. Rapoport" <snort-users () ols inorganic org>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 09:19:20 -0700

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 08:04:22AM -0400, Chris Lewis wrote:
While running through the docs at
http://www.snort.org/docs/snort_acid_rh9.pdf and using everything it
says exactly when ever I get to the php install I get a configure error

Error libjpeg (a.|so) not found

I have verified that the libjpeg is there but it doesn't seem to like
it. I have also tried the switch -with-libjpeg=/././.<path to file

This is not really a Snort issue -- it's not even an issue with an
application that supports Snort (ACID).  It's an issue with an
application that supports an application that supports Snort.

Having said that, I'll note that for me, "--with-jpeg-dir=<foo>" (where
<foo> is the directory that holds the lib directory that holds libjpeg
-- *NOT* the directory that holds libjpeg.  Read this sentence again.
Understand it.) works much better than "-with-libjpeg."  If you wish to
confirm whether or not this is the right option for you, you might want
to try './configure --help' in the PHP source directory.

-roy