Snort mailing list archives

Re: Acid Email Alerts

From: Charlie Blue <CharlieBlue () gmx de>
Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2003 23:10:06 +0200

Am Freitag, 20. Juni 2003 22:31 schrieb Brian Gregorcy:
ya, I toyed with getting alerts to send out when they came in but it never
worked correctly.  Also, just to get the alerts to send out when you hit
the button required me to play with sendmail.  I'm a solaris newb so that
is probably the reason why I never got it to work correctly.

If anyone knows of a way I would also love to hear it.

I'm not sure, but i think you can send e-mails with acid only by hand. For
example you see alters in acid and the you can you the Action 'Send E-Mail'.
Thats it. I don't know a way to send automatic e-mails to sysop if theres an
alert.
You can use syslog and logcheck to do this, i think. I have the same problem
and i'll testing this next week.

Tom