Snort mailing list archives

Snort-inline and MySQL

From: pieter claassen <pieter () openauth co uk>
Date: 11 Apr 2003 14:07:18 +0100

I have been trying to get snort inline compiled with mysql and have had
no luck so far.

The system I am working on is debian unstable box and this is what
happens:
1. When I install the libmysql-development package (which I trust
contains the /usr/include/mysql.h) and I .configure --enable-inline
--with-mysql then configure runs fine, but when I make, I get errors
with symbols not found in the mysqlclient library.
2. If I do a ./configure --enable-inline --with-mysql=/usr/include, the
configure is fine and snort-inline compiles fine, but when I try and run
it, syslog tells me there it was not compiled with the --with-mysql
option.
3. I even downloaded the mysql sources and installed them under
/usr/local/mysql which should give me /usr/local/mysql/include/mysql.h.

Is this a known issue? Has anybody managed to get snort-inline and mysql
up and running? This is probably my own thick head so please point out
if I am doing something stupid with the compile.

Thanks,
Pieter
--
-----------------------------
Pieter Claassen

OpenAuth
Tel: 01344 390530
DDI: 01344 390630/390631
Fax number: 01344 390700
Mobile:  0776 665 6924

Highview House
Charles Square
Bracknell
Berkshire
RG12 1DF

TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(i)The information contained in this email and attachments is only
intended for the addressed recipient(s) and may not be distributed or
viewed by any other party without the explicit consent of the sender. If
you have received this message by accident, please contact Pieter
Claassen (pieter () openauth co uk) and destroy any electronic or physical
copies of the information contained in it, immediately.
(ii)This email is not certified to be virus free and OpenAuth accepts no
liability for losses arising from you receiving this email.
(iii)Any digital signatures (if present) used to authenticate this
email, only serves to allow you to verify the originating email address
of the sender and should not be relied upon to prove identity or base
financial transactions on, unless the Certificate Practice Statement
that the signature references, explicitly states differently.
(iv)This email may be subjected to further terms and conditions as
published on the company website at http://www.openauth.co.uk. If you
need to rely on the information contained in this email in any way, then
you should read those terms and conditions to understand how much you
can trust the information in this email.
(v)OpenAuth retains the copyright on any relevant material that is
included in this email.