Snort mailing list archives

Re: capturing arp (Absent jusqu'au 29/07/2002)

From: "Pascal Painparay" <pascal.painparay () tdf fr>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 23:20:25 +0200

Je suis absent jusqu'au 21/04/03 inclus.
En cas d'urgence, Vous pouvez contacter :
  Christophe Savin au 01 49 15 32 75.

Cdt
Pascal Painparay

snort-users 04/16/03 22:57 >>>

Be careful on who you quote as saying what. :)

tcpdump -s 65335 -w arp.cap arp

Why would you want to capture more than 60 bytes?

I type -s, I go big and I don't wanna think what the max frame size is
for whatever Data Link Layer.  I generally care most about larger
packets and the most often thing you have to tell people to do when
using tcpdump to provide packet captures is adjust the data link
layer.

--
Chris Green <cmg () sourcefire com>
Don't use a big word where a diminutive one will suffice.