Snort mailing list archives

Re: install snort on RH linux

From: Mike Mentges <mike () mentges org>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 21:41:53 -0400 (EDT)

9 times out of 10 I steer away from RPM for this reason. I like to compile
and install things dependant on MY settings not the default RedHat way..
If that fails then I shoot for the RPM!! I was successful loading snort
via RPM on 7.3 box with everything installed. I havent tried my fingers at
8.0 but alot of the programs I read about constantly have people post
where 8.0 and the RPMS did not work... I think Ill stick to 7.3 it seems
to be the best RH version out. Server and Workstation!! :-) Like I said it
is there so you can configure it to make it work best for you!!! Gotta
Love it!!

Mike