Snort mailing list archives

RE: (Off List) Two items that are hard to digest...

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 12:05:50 -0700

Chris,

There are hundreds if not thousands of Snort 1.9.1 users out there that
can't update to 2.0 at this time, and it doesn't matter what platform they
are on. Sure there is a fix for this Stream 4 vulnerability, but in turn
that opens up another vulnerability. So what are they to do?

All I can do as one person is let my concerns known and try to get some
constructive feedback so others out there know there is a definite problem,
and that they are not alone.

I absolutely have no ax to grind with anyone.

I try my best to help anyone that I can. If you posted a message in the
Snort Users group and I failed to reply then I'm truly sorry. I get a LOT of
personal email for support and that is a really good way to contact me.

-Michael
--
 mailto:michaels () silicondefense com
 Silicon Defense - The Cyber-War Defense Company

  _____