Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re: Pascal Painparay [pascal.painparay () tdf fr]

From: Matt Kettler <mkettler () evi-inc com>
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 16:16:09 -0400

Yeah, this bozo's broken vacation rule has already earned him a filter in my mailclient:

"From: contains pascal.painparay () tdf fr;
        transfer-to trash;
        skip-rest"

It should be noted his rule appears to be based on the one in the Groupwise 5.5 helpfile, but is NOT intended for use with mail, just appointments. Of course, Groupwise users do the "logical" thing and add the "mail" to the list of type checkboxes. The responder rule itself has no restrictions.

You'd think someone subscribed to a computer security oriented mailing list would know better than to open themselves up to the vulnerabilities of an unrestricted auto-responder.. yet strangely snort-users is one of the worst mailing lists I subscribe to.

Pascal, might i suggest in the future you go to the Groupwise "cool solutions" site and use the vacation rule that's listed there. It's at least well behaved and has restrictions to protect it from accidental mail loops.

http://www.novell.com/coolsolutions/gwmag/tips/t_cool_vacation_rule.html