Snort mailing list archives

RE: Snort 2.0 as a Windows Service??

From: "Michael Steele" <michaels () silicondefense com>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2003 08:56:44 -0700

Erek,

How can you tell he has two output database plugins?

In my documentation it specifies two output database lines. 0ne is alert
and the other is log.

If he is using my docs, leave in both line, but make sure the syntax is
correct. I'm assuming he has failed to properly setup the users in the
database.

He can also execute his run line with a -T at the end but most likely
won't get much more information. He can also check the Application log
and see what it's reporting.

-Michael
--
 mailto:michaels () silicondefense com
 Silicon Defense - The Cyber-War Defense Company