Snort mailing list archives

Re: Re: [Snort-users] IDS vs IPS

From: Yves Boisjoly <Yves.Boisjoly () sympatico ca>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2003 08:47:49 -0400 (EDT)

I didn't read all the history of this thread but, seeing that it's seams to be
about Snort vs Dynamic Firewall, I invites you to take a look at my recent
Perl script called "Master-Slave.pl".

It actually look into the syslog log file and search for any "Snort" related
lines. It then check the priority level and if it is equal to "1", it create
the appropriate rule into iptable to block the attack.

Every aspects is configurable, it`s dynamic! And it work so well...

It's available for free as an Open Source project onto SoureForge at:

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/master-slave/

More on my personnal website at:

        http://www3.sympatico.ca/lepetittuxervateur/index_.html

Click the button "Le projet Master-Slave". Please, use any browser then
Explorer, as this one doesn't digest weel my graphic button as .png files ;-)

        For any question, feel free to ask me at yves.boisjoly () sympatico ca