Snort mailing list archives

Hogwash help

From: "Wright, Joseph" <JWright () Palisades com>
Date: Thu, 4 Sep 2003 17:11:42 -0400

I have been unable to locate a hogwash user group, so as a last resort I am
trying the good ol snort folks.
Can anyone suggest how I fix the following error messages when trying to run
hogwash inline on Linux 9.
!/      FAILED TO SET PROMOSC MODE

2/      ERROR BINDING SOCKET

3/      UNRECOGNIZED CRYPTO TYPE NAME

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I just cant find the answers on the
internet anywhere.

Cheers
Joe
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. This
message contains confidential information and is intended only for the individual named. If you are not the named