Snort mailing list archives

Starting Barnyard w/SQL out and no SQL server?

From: "Gordon Cunningham" <gacunningham () bellsouth net>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2003 12:58:32 -0400

I've got a distributed snort environment and am using barnyard with the
MySQL output on the sniffers (for ACID, etc.).  However, I've found that
starting barnyard when the remote MySQL server is unreachable or down causes
barnyard to die.  Short of setting up a local MySQL database and doing some
db replication, is there a way to make barnyard run on startup and
periodically try to reconnect to the database or otherwise be a bit more
forgiving?  Details on request.

- Gordon

"When I finally found a spam filter that worked, I no longer received ANY
email."