Snort mailing list archives

snort 2.0.2 installation question

From: "al h" <kocoza () hotmail com>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 13:53:08 -0700

I tried to install Snort 2.0.2 on Redhat 9, using Patrick Harper's Snort Install Manual with the following packages:
acid-0.9.6b23
adodb370
httpd-2.0.47
mysql-4.0.15

Everything seems to be running fine before I did the final reboot. After I reboot and run the ACID on the browser, it gave me the following errors: Warning: mysqp_pconnect(): Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /www/htdocs/adodb/drivers/adodb-mysql.inc.php on line 251
Check the DB connections variables in acid_conf.php

I had checked the user name and password in acid_conf.php, it was the same as the username and passowrd in MySQL.

Thanks in advance.

Al