Snort mailing list archives

Problem with test script for Cisco vulnerability

From: CMartin () infosol com
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2003 11:26:30 -0700

I tried to implement this script to test my snort rules; however, it appears
that I don't have hping in my /usr/local/sbin directory or not in my /sbin
directory.  I am running redhat v9.  Also I get the following error when I
try to run the script (sh exploit.sh).

exploit.sh: line 8: syntax error near unexpected token `('
exploit.sh: line 8: `foreach protocol (53 55 77 103)'

I'm wondering if the foreach is contructed properly.  As for the hping, I'm
sure I will find the program somewhere online.  But also an interesting
note, my whole /usr/local/sbin is empty. Can anyone help?