Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort + LCD display

From: frenzy () frenzy org
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2003 21:23:37 -0700 (PDT)

I am using the socket option for on the fly alerts to other programs, and
it seems to work very well.

If you look in snortdir/src/output-plugins/spo_alert_unixsock.h it lists
the format that the socket outputs data in. Just a note if you're running
on BSD, you have to create the socket in your listener program, the snort
option doesn't create the socket itself.

Randy

http://www.frenzy.org
"Sed Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?" -Juvenal

This communication (including any attachments) is intended for the use of the intended
recipient only and may contain information that is confidential, privileged or legally
protected. Any unauthorized use or dissemination of this communication is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify
the sender by return e-mail message and delete all copies of the original communication.
Thank you for your cooperation.