Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort 2.0.1 corrupting tables?

From: Bryan Irvine <bryan.irvine () kingcountyjournal com>
Date: 06 Aug 2003 09:42:11 -0700

Ok, I'm going to take a guess on this:  Your DB output line has a
'sensorname=<foo>' in it.  Since you copied your scripts over (I'm
guessing as I said...), did you copy the config files?

Yup I did.  I even tried reverting to a 2.0 version just as a test but
that didn't make a difference.

And as for the output, I'll bet that the 2.0.0 box is using '-D' and the
2.0.1 box isn't.

Yup!  Here's the command I'm using.

snort -o -b -l /var/www/htdocs/snort/fxp0 -d -D -i fxp0 -c
/usr/local/share/snort/fxp0.conf not host '(192.233.100.78)'

-D is there. :-/

This is driving me insane!! People are looking at pr0n and I can't catch
'em!

Ahhh...  The truth comes out!  You want thier logins to thier sites!  ;-)

LOL

--Bryan