Snort mailing list archives

Snort Alerting issue ...

From: Mark Fagan <r00t () online ie>
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:58:35 +0000

Hi All,

I am having an issue with multiple sensors regarding alerts.

In my snort.conf the only logging I have specified is MySQL, however every
sensor has a local file named "alert" located @ /var/log/snort.

Sql logging is working fine ..... I would like to prevent Snort from logging
locally ... I checked my two config files:

/etc/init.d/snort (no logging information specified here)

Snort.conf (only logging enabled is MySQL).

I would appreciate any assistance on this matter.

Kind Regards

Mark