Snort mailing list archives

Re: snort inline behavior

From: Stephan Scholz <sscholz () astaro com>
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:04:01 +0100

Yes, snort_inline needs to be there all the time, otherwise
your machine is not accessible anymore.
I'm not sure about the dummy application.
ip_qeue needs to be able to serve several applications for this to work.
You can try though :-)

Stephan

Woah.  What happens when snort_inline dies or maybe when we need to
stop/start snort_inline?  Ooops.

I'm guessing there is a "dummy" app that you can set up to always listen to
the queue so this problem doesn't happen?  If not I need to write one.

--
Stephan Scholz <sscholz () astaro com> | Development
Astaro AG | www.astaro.com | Phone +49-721-490069-0 | Fax -55

Visit Astaro at:
- Infosecurity France, Paris, Nov. 26-27, 2003

Awards for ASL:
- Linux Enterprise Readers' Choice Award: Best Firewall - October 2003
- LinuxWorld Product Excellence Award: Best Security Solution - August 2003
- "Excellent" Infoworld Magazine - August 2003
- "Four Stars" SC Magazine  - June 2003