Snort mailing list archives

Re: Snort, Mysql purging

From: Mark Fagan <r00t () online ie>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 09:56:48 +0000

Hi Jack,

I have the same problem with many sensors on customers sites, and instead of
asking the customer to change the PHP timeout and wait for hours while ACID
deletes the alerts.

I ask them to use MySql Control Center which is a Win32 MySql client, deletes
the alerts in seconds.

Hope this helps ....

Mark

Quoting Jack Snedecor <jsnedecor () geninfo com>:

New user....

I have installed snort, mysql and acid per the published instructions.
Works great.

I am by no means an expert at any of these though.

What I have not found is a method to purge the database on a regular
schedule.

I had a minor welchia virus this week that drove the database size way up.
Now

 acid is taking mins. to build pages.  Can someone point me in the right
direction?

Jack Snedecor

GiS

VP, Network Operations Group